If you’re a veterinary student, you know that having a good laptop is essential. You need a machine that is powerful enough to handle all of your coursework and research, but also portable enough to take with you to clinical and labs. In this guide, we’ll help you find the best laptops for veterinary students in 2020.
We’ll cover a range of topics to help you make the best decision for your needs, including:
– The different types of laptops available and which one is right for you
– What specs and features are important for veterinary students
– A few of our favorite laptop options for veterinary students
With all that said, let’s get started!
Types of Laptops for Veterinary Students
When it comes to laptops, there are a few different types that might be suitable for veterinary students. Here’s a quick overview of each type, along with their pros and cons:
These are the most common type of laptops, and they offer a good balance of portability and power. Most traditional laptops will have a screen size between 11 and 17 inches, and they usually weigh between 3 and 6 pounds.
Ultrabooks are similar to traditional laptops, but they’re usually thinner and lighter. They typically have screen sizes between 11 and 13 inches, and they weigh between 2 and 4 pounds.
Chromebooks are a type of laptop that runs on Google’s Chrome operating system. They’re often very inexpensive, and they’re typically smaller and lighter than other types of laptops. Chromebooks usually have screen sizes between 11 and 13 inches, and they weigh between 2 and 4 pounds.
2-in-1 laptops are a combination of a laptop and a tablet. They usually have convertible or detachable designs, so you can use them as either a traditional laptop or a handheld tablet. 2-in-1 laptops typically have screen sizes between 11 and 17 inches, and they weigh between 3 and 6 pounds.
Now that you know a little bit about the different types of laptops available, let’s talk about which one is right for you.
Which Laptop Type is Right for Veterinary Students?
The type of laptop that’s right for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. That said, here are the 10 best laptops for Veterinary Students.
Best Laptop For Vet Students
1. Asus ZenBook
- 16GB RAM | 2TB SSD
- Equipped With The Powerful and Fast AMD Octa-Core Ryzen 7 5800H (Beats i7-11370H) (Base Clock 3.2GHz, Max...
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) NanoEdge Bezel Display, Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
- 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB-C 3.2, 1 x USB-A 3.2, 1 x SD Card Reader
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth 5.0, IR Webcam, Up to 22 Hours Battery...
2. HP OMEN 15
- Highly Rated 15.6" Performance Gaming Laptop
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 8 Core - 16 Thread (3.2-4.4GHz Max Boost Clock) Processor
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Card with 8GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA...
- 15.6" 165Hz QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS 300-Nit Display - Narrow Bezel Design
- 512GB Performance PCIe NVMe SSD + 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Dual Channel RAM
- 4-zone RGB backlit 26-Key Rollover Keyboard, 70.9WHr Battery; Gigabit LAN
- Bonus: Limited Edition Eluktronics Large @$$ Mousepad Covid Edition!
3. Acer Swift 3 Intel Evo
- Get high performance, responsiveness and long battery life with the Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor - up to...
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED-backlit 100% sRGB Display | Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 8GB Onboard LPDDR4X Memory and 256GB NVMe SSD
- 1 - USB Type-C Port USB 3.2 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB Type-C, Thunderbolt 4 & USB Charging |...
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 | Acer Bio-Protection Fingerprint Solution | Up to 16 Hours Battery Life
4. LG Gram 17Z90P
- Aspect Ratio:16:10
- 17" WQXGA (2560x1600) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers...
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation,...
- Improve productivity with 2TB (2 x 1TB) PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
- Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI...
5.ASUS ZenBook Flip 13
- 13.3 inch OLED Full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with Windows 10 Professional
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, Thunderbolt 4 via USB Type C, USB Type A, Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.0
- Sleek and lightweight aluminum body at only 2.87lbs and 0.55 inches thick, for comfortable portability
6. Dell 9310 XPS
- 13.4-inch 16:10 FHD+ (1920 x 1200) WLED touch display
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz)
- 32GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x, 512GB PCIe NVMe x4 SSD onboard
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- With 12 months of Microsoft 365 for up to six people, you and your family can have the tools to create,...
- Bring out your best with premium Office apps, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Your subscription includes 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage for each person you share with, so they can easily...
- Keep it all together with Outlook, an ad‑free app for your email, calendars, to do lists and contacts with...
7. Lenovo Flex 5
- Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, this portable notebook computer has...
- Reduce the clutter - The Flex 5 14 touchscreen laptop has a narrow bezel on 4 sides for more viewing area and...
- Designed to keep your ideas flowing, anywhere, anytime with the ability to multi-mode, this Windows laptop has...
- A physical shutter on the webcam improves your privacy, allowing you to keep out unwanted attention
- Stay connected with integrated 2x2 WiFi 6 (802.11AX), Bluetooth 5, 2 USB-A ports, 1 USB-C with PD to support...
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question - just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create...
8. Lenovo IdeaPad
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 20 GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser...
- 【Processor】AMD Ryzen 5 5500U 2.10GHz 6-Core Processor (11MB Cache, up to 4.00GHz)
- 【Display】15.6" FHD (1920x1080) TN 220nits Anti-glare
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Home, 64-bit, English
9. Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7000
- ▌Please Read Before you purchase ▌This laptop is upgraded from a brand new base model. The manufacturer...
- Intel 11th Generation CPU Intel Core i5-11400H (6 cores 12 threads, base clock speed 2.60GHz, max turbo to...
- 16.0-inch QHD+ 16:10 3K (3072 x 1920) IPS Non-Touch ComfortView Plus Display, Anti-Glare, 300nits, 100% sRGB,...
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x Thunderbolt 4 with DisplayPort and Power Delivery, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x...
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Ideal for Work from Home, Zoom meeting, Online Meeting, Student, Home, Professionals,...
10. Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 2x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 4x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 5x faster machine learning performance
- Longer battery life, up to 21 hours
- Up to 64GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Up to 8TB of superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Stunning 16-inch Liquid Retina XDR display with extreme dynamic range and contrast ratio
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for sharper video calls
- Six-speaker sound system with force-cancelling woofers
Q: What’s the difference between a laptop and a notebook?
A: There is no real difference between a laptop and a notebook. The terms are often used interchangeably to refer to portable computers.
Q: What’s the difference between a Chromebook and a traditional laptop?
A: Chromebooks are laptops that run on Google’s Chrome operating system, while traditional laptops run on Windows or macOS. Chromebooks are often less expensive than traditional laptops, and they’re typically smaller and lighter.
Q: What’s the difference between a 2-in-1 laptop and a traditional laptop?
A: 2-in-1 laptops are convertible or detachable laptops that can be used as either a traditional laptop or a handheld tablet. Traditional laptops cannot be used as tablets.